[Skip to Content]
Glossary of Terms
- the putting together of complex machinery, as airplanes, from interchangeable parts of standard dimensions.
- Utilising a dedicated assembly area, we are able to meet customers' needs for added-value assembly work such as for Sheetmetal Inserts,Helicoil Insertion, Fastenings, Sub-Assembly
- CNC Milling
- CNC is short for Computer Numerical Control -it refers to a computer "controller" that reads instructions and drives the machine tool. CNC's are able to perform precision cuts reliably in machine shop settings. Most machine shops would have CNC lathes, CNC routers, CNC milling machines, etc.
- CNC Turning
- Turning is a machining process in which a cutting tool, typically a non-rotary tool bit, describes a helical toolpath by moving more or less linearly while the workpiece rotates. The tool's axes of movement may be literally a straight line, or they may be along some set of curves or angles, but they are essentially linear (in the nonmathematical sense). Usually the term "turning" is reserved for the generation of external surfaces by this cutting action, whereas this same essential cutting action when applied to internal surfaces (that is, holes, of one kind or another) is called "boring". Thus the phrase "turning and boring" categorizes the larger family of (essentially similar) processes. The cutting of faces on the workpiece (that is, surfaces perpendicular to its rotating axis), whether with a turning or boring tool, is called "facing", and may be lumped into either category as a subset.
- Make or operate on with a machine
- Plant List
- a list of machinery used in an engineering plant